Terms and Conditions for Renting Textbooks
RENTAL RETURN DATE IS THE LAST DAY OF FINALS WEEK FOR THE CURRENT SEMESTER
Terms and Conditions
- Renter certifies that he/she is currently enrolled at Randolph-Macon and understands the terms of this agreement.
- Renter agrees to rent the book(s) listed on this cash register receipt for a single payment of the rent listed and to return the same book(s) in clean, lightly marked and fully resalable condition on or before the due date (the last day of finals week).The RMC Campus Store is not responsible for reminding Renter of the rental return date and is not responsible for returns shipped to the store via any carrier.
- The return deadline for full refund on rental books is the same as for purchased books…the third day of the semester.If Renter drops a course, rented textbooks must be returned by the last day of the add/drop period for a full refund, even if he/she will be taking the course in a future term.Standard return policies apply.
- Rent for books rented after the return date is non-refundable.
- Rental books remain the property of the RMC Campus Store during the rental period.Therefore, the Renter accepts all responsibility for this property and all risk of loss from any cause, damage of any kind, or missing components.
- Renter agrees that non-returned and/or damaged items will be billed at the current new replacement cost less the rental fee.The RMC Campus Store management determines what constitutes damage, including and not limited to; water/moisture damage, pages missing, highly written in or marked on and smoke damage.
- Renter agrees that the RMC Campus Store will be able to charge Renter’s credit card (or RMC Student Account) a Rental Replacement fee should books not be returned by the due date or are returned damaged and not resalable.The Rental Replacement fee is the difference between the rental fee and the new retail price of the book.In addition to this charge, a late fee of $25.00 will be charged and there will be a hold put on the Renter’s student records.He/she will not be eligible to participate in this program the following semester.
You will need to sign for your rental books when you come in to pick them up
By clicking the button below, you are agreeing to the conditions above.